All programs can be done as a week long residency, 2-week residency, after-school enrichment session of classes, or summer camp format.
Shakespeare’s Clowns is a Renaissance themed program. It was designed to introduce middle-schoolers to Shakespeare in a fun, hands-on approach, but over the years Seano has made the information accessible to all grade levels (K – 8). Each program ends with a performance by the students. It is part poetry, pageantry, parade and play as students present scenes from Shakespeare’s work, learn skills of the court jester (juggling, tumbling, stilt-walking), and develop better language proficiency skills and socialization techniques. It’s the BARD meets the BIG TOP!
Shakespeare’s Clowns has visited these locations:
- The Robert C. Parker school – Wynantskill,NY (8 years)
- The Brown School – Schenectady, NY (after-school enrichment classes)
- The W.W. Smith school – Poughkeepsie, NY (3 years)
- Dreyfoos High School of Performing Arts – West Palm Beach, FL
- Sofie Finn School – Kingston, NY
- Earlville Opera house – Earlville, NY (summer camp)
- The Arts Center of Troy, NY (summer camp)
- Grace Christian School – Bennington, VT
- Sudbury Country Day School – Sudbury, VT
Circus School — is just that! Children learn circus skills from beginning levels, on up to professional presentations. The coaches take great care to make sure that the disciplines are taught in a slow manner with a commitment to safety and technique. The environment is one of process and teamwork, while trying to help young people discover and express their individual personalities, too. Circus School has been described as a Humorous, Hands-on, High-energy experience!
Circus school visits these locations regularly…
- Robert C. Parker School
- Doane Stuart School
- Albany School of Humanities
- Stearns School – Pittsfiled, MA
- Sand Lake Center for the Arts
- New York State Theatre Institute
- Arts Center of Troy, NY
- Ulster County Community College
- Hudson Valley Community College
- Sand Lake Elementary School
- Bethlehem Children’s School
- Albany Jewish Community Center
- Brown School
- Ravena-Coeymens Elementary School
- Cottle School – Yonkers, NY (with Cirque Du Jour)
- West Sand Lake Elementary School
“NEW” Theatricks Drama Camp
An Original Theatrical Journey! Exploring what makes something dramatic? What is drama? And what role does “drama” play in our lives at any age?
Any story can be told in a presentational way, often with a dramatic flair! With the teacher, children use any skills they already possess — music, dance, visual arts, public speaking, circus, magic, etc., to create a piece of theatre that is one-of-a-kind unique! It’s a talent show, more or less, highlighting your children — giving them a moment to be in the spotlight as themselves or as a character in a play… It’s all about inclusion, celebrating their comfort levels and contribution to the whole! Always different, always dynamic, never short on the DRAMA!!!!
For more information on Circus Theatricks In-School Programs, contact Seano today!